Are you stuck in choosing the right payment gateway?
Well, let me tell you there are several website owners and bloggers who find it difficult to choose the right payment gateway.
Payment gateways help you accept payments from your website in a few simple, easy steps or ways. The payment will be automatically paid into your bank account, and you don’t need to manage any programming or technical things.
It facilitates credit card or direct payment processing for e-businesses, online retailers, and traditional brick and mortar.
Therefore, a payment gateway uses a payment transaction by transferring information between a payment portal (such as a website, mobile phone, and interactive voice response service) and a front-end processor (bank-owned).
Let’s know more about payment gateways:
Main Types of Payment Gateways
In general, there are three types of payment gateways:
Large companies typically use on-site payments, which are processed on their servers, where the payment experience and payment processing run on their servers system.
On-Site Payment, Off-Site Payment
In this method, the front-end payment is made on your website, but the payment processing is done on the back-end of the gateway. The downside, however, is that you can’t control the entire user experience across payment gateways.
redirects often include options for alternative payment methods, such as a company that allows the use of PayPal. When the gateway takes a customer to a PayPal payment page to process the entire transaction, it becomes a redirect.
Redirects have the advantage of simplicity for the retailer, although they also mean less control for the merchant and a second step for customers.
The following are the most frequently used payment gateway service providers:
It is India’s leading payments and API banking company.
Cashfree offers 120+ payment modes like Credit and Debit Cards, Net Banking), Paytm and other wallets, UPI via BHIM UPI, Google Pay, PhonePe, EMI options, is Buy now pay later. It also supports NEFT, IMPS, and PayPal.
Pay by Cashfree Payments is a payment distribution platform used by businesses to make bulk payments. When you create a payout account, Cashfree Payments creates a virtual wallet for you. You can add funds to the wallet from your bank account and use the funds to make payments.
Using Cashfree has many benefits such as:
- Cashfree offers an instant settlement feature that allows businesses to access funds within 15 minutes of payment capture and into the destination account of their choice (virtual account or directly into their bank account).
- It is known for introducing advanced payment gateway features like the Refund Suite which includes instant refunds, preauthorization on card payments, and Cashgram – Payout links for COD order refunds.
- It offers a feature-rich dashboard that can be used to create orders and collect payments with a wide range of integrations – both for websites and mobile apps. Businesses can choose from a range of payment gateway integrations.
- Cashfree has created ready-to-use e-commerce payment gateway plugins for platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce, Wix, Magento, Opencart, etc.
PayPal (Popular Payment gateway)
PayPal is one of the most reputable, trusted, and widely used payment gateways. It is very popular among e-business professionals and non-professionals alike. PayPal offers you the opportunity to take your business online with security and flexibility.
With PayPal, you can connect any significant payment processor, bank, or card association to their industry-leading payment gateway.
It accepts both debit card and credit card payments. PayPal is free for buyers, while there is a simple transaction fee (3.4% + $0.30) for shopkeepers charged when using it to accept credit card payments.
Best of all, you need a PayPal account. You can log in directly with your email. It is available in more than 190 countries. In addition to one-time purchases, PayPal is also a quick, easy way to make recurring payments for all your monthly bills and subscriptions.
- Secure: Whether you’re paying bills, sending money, or making purchases, PayPal works hard to keep your financial information secure.
- Faster: No need to enter all your financial information every time you make a purchase. Speed through checkout with PayPal.
- Easy: Not only is PayPal free to sign up for, but you can make purchases and send money to family and friends in the US using your PayPal balance or bank account at no extra cost.
Amazon Pay is a trusted, secure and streamlined payment service that ranks among the world’s best payment gateways. It provides services to both merchants and shoppers, facilitating their online shopping. It uses information that you entered into your Amazon account during check-in and checkout.
Amazon Pay has a “full-featured” e-commerce suite that helps merchants promote, sell and manage products and orders. Therefore, Amazon Pay optimizes its marketplace activities and positions itself as a trusted seller with a great reputation.
Amazon Pay has several unique aspects. Let’s take a look at them.
- Amazon Pay optimizes the payment process. Allows users to access their information from the retailer’s website. So, they don’t need to enter their information like name, address, credit card details, etc.
- Amazon Pay allows online retailers as well as sellers to provide a great shopping experience for their buyers. The package comes with tools and features that attract new customers and turn them into repeat buyers.
- Amazon Pay helps its merchants streamline the customer’s checkout experience. As a result, cart abandonment is less. Hence, more visitors turn into loyal shoppers.
- With Amazon Pay, fees are transaction-based and come with a processing and authorization component.
Razorpay is the only payment solution in India that allows businesses to accept, process, and distribute payments with its product suite. It provides you access to all payment modes including credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, and popular wallets including Mobikwik, FreeCharge, Airtel Money, JioMoney, Ola Money, and PayZapp.
Integrating payments with Razorpay is as easy as it gets with a well-documented SDK, RESTful API, and plugins for all major platforms and languages.
Undoubtedly the only Indian payment gateway truly designed and built for developers.
- Easy integration- Integrate with Razorpay and go live in less than an hour, with plugins for all major platforms and languages.
- Dashboard reporting- RazerPay dashboard gives you real-time insights and data to make informed business decisions.
- API driven- Build your business to scale with our fully API-driven automation that requires zero manual intervention.
- 100+ payment modes- Offer your customers the luxury of all payment modes including credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI, wallet, etc.
- Easy pricing- Our innovative payment solutions with competitive pricing make payments easy.
- Best in industry support- Always available email, phone, and chat-based support to help you every step of the way.
Bitcoin Payment gateway
BitPay comes as a Bitcoin payment gateway. It is the future of secure payments and transactions. BitPay has taken a leading position among the gateways facilitating Bitcoin payments. Therefore, it’s the founder of a completely new payment processing method.
BitPay allows you to accept and send Bitcoins. You can securely store and spend your Bitcoin funds and even convert them into dollars using a unique BitPay card. Additionally, BitPay comes with several unique features, such as:
- BitPay allows online sellers and merchants to sell anything and everything and accept Bitcoin as payment. It offers a quick and easy setup specially designed for online payments.
- It has the lowest processing fee per transaction fixed at 1% for all users.
- BitPay can be easily integrated with any existing system using a secure API. Also, it offers wide customization options for security and speed.
- BitPay comes with support for 40 languages so your business can go global and cater to international customers. Moreover, it can accept payments in 8 different currencies, such as bitcoins and mixed currencies.
- BitPay is equipped with identity management and anti-fraud risk. It makes every bitcoin transaction safe and secure.
Stripe is a new payment processor in the e-business sector. However, this does not make it any less competitive than any of the best payment gateways. That is the reason; Stripe is featured in this compilation of the best payment gateways for blogs and e-commerce sites.
Stripe Payment Gateway is powered by powerful features that enable you to run your e-commerce business successfully. Create a marketplace, mobile app, or offer any subscription service with Stripe.
However, it does not support mobile payments and requires an SSL certificate. Overall, Stripe is a great payment gateway that you can trust.
Let’s discuss the benefits of Stripe to become attractive and popular in many organizations;
- API– Any developers and programmers find the flexibility that Stripe provides to be rich and robust. Stripe’s API has resource-oriented URLs and HTTP to handle error codes. So, from Stripe Checkout through Stripe.js, the solutions are very useful for developers.
- Reasonable price– Potential users of Stripe are eager to deal with lengthy negotiation processes and payment processors that take forever to get approved. Stripe’s pricing policy is desirable to companies as there are no monthly fees or cancellation fees.
- Ease of use– It is the best solution for any startup or organization to accept payments as it is eligible to receive payments from credit cards, Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Customer service– There is a good support system from Stripe as ‘Freenode’, a chat community consisting of tech professionals and users. Online support for developers is extremely important.
So, payment gateways play an important role in the online transaction process, which is the realization of value, and are therefore seen as an important pillar of e-commerce.
So, whether you choose a payment processor/gateway provider or plan to build your payment gateway unless you are a non-profit website, this is always a more cost-effective solution for an online merchant. Customers trust websites that use more integrated payment systems. And if you’re looking for a way to increase customer trust, integrate a payment solution that inspires trust, supports multiple payment methods, and protects against fraudulent activity.
We certainly hope that this resource proves highly useful for you and helps you to determine the Best Payment Gateway easily for your needs. If you are looking to choose one that best suits your needs Contact Us today.